- Wayne Swan Valedictory
- Mr SWAN (Lilley) (16:18): Mr Deputy Speaker, I seek your indulgence to make some remarks. First of all, I want to thank all of the people who have travelled here today and, in particular, all of those who are listening to and viewing this broadcast. When I announced my impending retirement some time ago, there was a crusty old COMCAR driver who said to me as I was opening the door at the side entrance, 'I see you're getting out while you're st...
February 19, 2019
- WAYNE SWAN - TRANSCRIPT - ABC AFTERNOON LIVE WITH PATRICIA KARVELAS BRISBANE TUESDAY, 5 FEBRUARY 2019
- SUBJECTS: Banking Royal Commission, Liberal Inaction on Climate Change, Women Representation in Parliament and Malcolm Turnbull’s Comments on Flinders.
February 05, 2019
- Article - IT IS TIME FOR A LONDON SUMMIT MOMENT ON GLOBAL TAXATION
- In April 2009 as Australian Treasurer I attended the G20 Leader’s Summit in London in response to the Global Financial Crisis. The expansionary economic policies promoted at that meeting helped prevent the Great Recession caused by the GFC from metastasizing into a second Great Depression. The summit proved that global economic cooperation can succeed, even in the face of the most severe crises.
February 01, 2019
- WAYNE SWAN - TRANSCRIPT - ABC RADIO NATIONAL – RADIO INTERVIEW ADELAIDE MONDAY, 17 DECEMBER 2018
- SUBJECT/S: Labor Conference, MYEFO, IPSOS poll, asylum seeker policy, Newstart Allowance review, Governor-General appointment.
December 17, 2018
- Speech - PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
- Delegates It’s my extremely happy duty as the newly elected President of the Australian Labor Party to welcome you to this, our 48th National Conference here in wonderful Adelaide. I want to start with some thanks. First, to the incredibly hardworking team at the National Secretariat and our South Australian branch hosts for pulling off the difficult feat of planning this conference not once but twice in the same year. This is the National...
December 16, 2018