- Speech - Inequality and Australian political discourse
- An election is almost upon us. We have an economically right-wing government dissolving before our very eyes like an Aspirin in a glass of water. And an economically redistributive Labor opposition potentially on the verge of victory. What, apart from Coalition incompetence and division, on a colossal scale, is the cause? And what does it signify beyond the usual swings and roundabouts of parliamentary democracy? The cause, in s...
March 21, 2019
- ABC AFTERNOON LIVE WITH PATRICIA KARVELAS
- E&OE TRANSCRIPT ABC AFTERNOON LIVE WITH PATRICIA KARVELAS TV INTERVIEW - BRISBANE WEDNESDAY, 13 march 2019 SUBJECTS: Liberal and National Infighting, Liberal inaction of Climate Change, Craig Laundy, Labor’s policy on Wages.
March 13, 2019
- Wayne Swan Valedictory
- Mr SWAN (Lilley) (16:18): Mr Deputy Speaker, I seek your indulgence to make some remarks. First of all, I want to thank all of the people who have travelled here today and, in particular, all of those who are listening to and viewing this broadcast. When I announced my impending retirement some time ago, there was a crusty old COMCAR driver who said to me as I was opening the door at the side entrance, 'I see you're getting out while you're st...
February 19, 2019
- WAYNE SWAN - TRANSCRIPT - ABC AFTERNOON LIVE WITH PATRICIA KARVELAS BRISBANE TUESDAY, 5 FEBRUARY 2019
- SUBJECTS: Banking Royal Commission, Liberal Inaction on Climate Change, Women Representation in Parliament and Malcolm Turnbull’s Comments on Flinders.
February 05, 2019
- Article - IT IS TIME FOR A LONDON SUMMIT MOMENT ON GLOBAL TAXATION
- In April 2009 as Australian Treasurer I attended the G20 Leader’s Summit in London in response to the Global Financial Crisis. The expansionary economic policies promoted at that meeting helped prevent the Great Recession caused by the GFC from metastasizing into a second Great Depression. The summit proved that global economic cooperation can succeed, even in the face of the most severe crises.
February 01, 2019