- Speech - PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
- Delegates It’s my extremely happy duty as the newly elected President of the Australian Labor Party to welcome you to this, our 48th National Conference here in wonderful Adelaide. I want to start with some thanks. First, to the incredibly hardworking team at the National Secretariat and our South Australian branch hosts for pulling off the difficult feat of planning this conference not once but twice in the same year. This is the National...
December 16, 2018
- Speech - Reflections on the Harvester Judgement
- As the incoming president of the ALP there’s nothing better than coming to the state where Labor has been most recently – and most resoundingly – re-endorsed as the undisputed natural party of government. The way the Morrison Government is going, you soon may not be the only one. Because the way they’re governing, the Coalition is set for electoral defeat. We’re living in a bizarre political climate.
December 11, 2018
- ADJOURNMENT DEBATE (BHP ATO SETTLEMENT)
- For many years Australia's largest company, BHP, has been gaming our tax system, and it has been involved in disputes with the ATO over unpaid taxes in excess of a billion dollars. BHP has been joined by other large multinationals like Rio Tinto and Chevron in fleecing the Australian taxpayer through the use of tax havens and tax shields such as Singapore. BHP's Singapore tax shield and other tax havens exist to smuggle profits out of Australia.
December 04, 2018
- Speech - Constituency Statement (Pharmaceutical Industry And NBN)
- Sanofi Consumer Healthcare is a complementary medicine manufacturer located in Virginia in the electorate of Lilley. It employs more than 300 locals and annually produces around 360 million soft gels and 1.8 billion tablets. Currently its products are eligible for the Australian Made label, which acknowledges the high quality of Australian-made products.
November 28, 2018