- Speech - John Curtin Research Centre Gala Dinner
- My theme for this evening is the most important one we face: the need to stand for something. That’s what think tanks are for. And what political parties are for. We’re judged on our ability to win elections and gain power. And generally speaking, the Australian Labor Party and the union movement are pretty good at winning and governing. But for what end? That’s our question tonight.
October 04, 2018
- Article - Ten Years After the Crash, Tax Competition Threatens Global Economies and Democracies
- Ten years ago, the global financial system was rocked by the largest crisis since the Great Depression.
September 19, 2018
- Article - The Road Not Taken: Reflections on the Financial Crisis
- History will conclude that the critics of Labor’s GFC response 10 years ago were hopelessly wrong. By avoiding a sudden, deep recession, Australia also avoided testing out what its effect may have been on our democratic system.
September 18, 2018
- Transcript - SBS World News (GFC)
- HOST: It’s ten years since the collapse of US Bank Lehman Brothers – widely seen as the pivotal event of the Global Financial Crisis. A decade on, it’s feared the seeds of another crisis are growing, with not enough lessons learned from that tumultuous period.
September 15, 2018