- Article - Ten Years After the Crash, Tax Competition Threatens Global Economies and Democracies
- Ten years ago, the global financial system was rocked by the largest crisis since the Great Depression.
September 19, 2018
- Article - The Road Not Taken: Reflections on the Financial Crisis
- History will conclude that the critics of Labor’s GFC response 10 years ago were hopelessly wrong. By avoiding a sudden, deep recession, Australia also avoided testing out what its effect may have been on our democratic system.
September 18, 2018
- Transcript - SBS World News (GFC)
- HOST: It’s ten years since the collapse of US Bank Lehman Brothers – widely seen as the pivotal event of the Global Financial Crisis. A decade on, it’s feared the seeds of another crisis are growing, with not enough lessons learned from that tumultuous period.
September 15, 2018
- Transcript - Sky News AM Agenda (Lehman Brothers)
- KIERAN GILBERT: With me now, the former Treasurer Wayne Swan. Ten years on from the collapse of Lehman Brothers. It’s hard to think that it’s been as long as that, but what’s your reflection on the days of those dramatic events at the end of 2008 and the start of 2009?
September 14, 2018