- Media Release BHP’s Tax Evasion and its agreement with the Australian Tax Office
- BHP’s status as one of Australia’s largest tax evaders is laid bare by the settlement with the Tax Office of disputes which go back to 2003. This settlement confirms what BHP has repeatedly denied – Its Singapore marketing hub was used for tax evasion using transfer pricing. I first raised these matters in the parliament in September 2015. BHP’s duplicity and hypocrisy was laid bare in a Senate tax inquiry in 2015. And since then at every tu...
November 20, 2018
- Speech - John Curtin Research Centre Gala Dinner
- My theme for this evening is the most important one we face: the need to stand for something. That’s what think tanks are for. And what political parties are for. We’re judged on our ability to win elections and gain power. And generally speaking, the Australian Labor Party and the union movement are pretty good at winning and governing. But for what end? That’s our question tonight.
October 04, 2018
- Article - Ten Years After the Crash, Tax Competition Threatens Global Economies and Democracies
- Ten years ago, the global financial system was rocked by the largest crisis since the Great Depression.
September 19, 2018