- Transcript - ABC Radio The World Today
- RACHEL MEALEY: It’s ten years since the subprime mortgage crisis that took the world’s financial system to the brink of meltdown. While the global economy has recovered and Wall Street is surging, one big question is whether another crisis might be around the corner. Wayne Swan was the Treasurer at the height of the Global Financial Crisis and he’s worried that chief executive pay packets are bulging again, just as they did in the lead-up to t...
March 15, 2018
- Media Release - CEO Pay Reapproaching Crisis Levels
- Executive pay in Australia is again soaring close to pre-GFC heights. The gross distortions in CEO pay relative to average worker earnings strike at the heart of economic inequality in Australia.
March 15, 2018
- Transcript - Sky News AM Agenda (ALP Presidency)
- KIERAN GILBERT: Welcome back to the program. With me now, former Treasurer Wayne Swan. Mr Swan, thanks for your time. You’re going to leave Parliament, but you’re not leaving politics – you’ve announced your candidacy as the Right’s candidate for the National President of the ALP. Can I start by just asking you: will you be able to work with the Left if you were to be successful at the upcoming vote for this?
March 12, 2018
- Transcript - CNBC Asia Squawk Box
- HUNGERFORD: Welcome back, let’s give you a look now at some of the damage here in the steel stocks in the region. All of this after President Trump announced that he will impose a 25 per cent tariff on steel imports and a 10 per cent tariff on aluminium ones as well. For more reaction, let’s bring in Wayne Swan
March 02, 2018