- Speech - Malcolm Turnbull's Fraudband
- Since coming to Government in 2013, Malcolm Turnbull and the Liberals have done just about everything they could possibly do to destroy the NBN.
February 06, 2018
- Speech - Myanmar: Rakhine State
- I rise today to speak about the ongoing Rohingya crisis in Myanmar. The Rohingya are often described as one of the most persecuted ethnic groups on earth.
February 05, 2018
- Media Release - International Progressive Leaders To Tackle Inequality
- In February, Labor will host progressive leaders and thinkers from around the world at a Sydney conference that will focus on the global challenge of overcoming economic and social inequality.
January 29, 2018
- Article - Shining a Light on Tax Termites
- Once again Labor’s 2013 tax transparency legislation has proven that sunlight is the best disinfectant. Last week the ATO revealed that one in three public corporations paid no corporate tax in the 2015-16 financial year, echoing the results from the previous year and exposing the maliciousness of companies that engage in corporate tax evasion.
December 12, 2017
- Speech - From Gough to Gillard: Initiative, Resistance and Prospects for Inclusive Prosperity
- Good evening everyone. Thank you, Anne for that introduction and for your invitation to reflect tonight on Gough – the man, the government, and the legacy that resounds today. Just last week I was in Melbourne, only a couple of KIL-o-ME-tres – or ki-LOM-e-tres, as the great man would have it – from Gough’s birthplace, to celebrate another Labor anniversary. Last Friday marked ten years since the election of the 2007 Labor Government,...
December 02, 2017
- Speech - A Tribute to Jenny Macklin’s Public Policy Contribution on the 10th Anniversary of Labor’s 2007 Election Victory
- Tonight, I’d like to reflect on the ten-year anniversary of the election of the 2007 Labor Government and pay tribute to one of the most dynamic, tenacious, and successful champions of its Ministry, Jenny Macklin. It was about this time ten years ago that I was sitting in the Channel 9 studios in the National Tally Room. As I watched the results come in – a 3 per cent swing to Labor in Lilley, a 4.5 per cent swing to Labor in Jagajaga, a...
November 24, 2017