- Article - Fairly Sharing the Benefits of growth: Australian Leadership in the G20
- Australia’s international engagement reached a new high when we were admitted to the modern G20 on a temporary basis at the end of 2008 and a permanent basis later in 2009. This was a momentous change in global governance and, in my view, Australia’s greatest foreign policy achievement since the founding of APEC 19 years earlier. It opened up global decision making to the disenfranchised developing world and gave a middle pow...
August 03, 2016
- Article - Inclusive Prosperity Should Be Popular, Not Populist
- As voters in the UK brace for the impact of Brexit and US citizens contemplate the candidacy of Donald Trump, in Australia Malcolm Turnbull’s government has fallen over the line after a long and lifeless Coalition campaign.
July 16, 2016
- Article - Cutting corporate tax won't create jobs. It's yesterday's solution to our problems
- Australian jobs have never faced a greater threat than they do under Malcolm Turnbull’s government. Almost 40 years after trickle-down economics was introduced in the US and UK under Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher, Malcolm Turnbull has sought to import an even purer form of this foreign product into Australia.
June 01, 2016
- Article - Turnbull's government is all about 1980s agenda of American style trickledown economics including crushing the labour movement
- There is a stench of dishonesty about the Liberal-National government; its agenda, its motives and its foul propaganda are the same no matter who leads them because Australians all know Tony Abbott’s baton has just passed to the next runner, writes the former 2011 world’s best treasurer, Wayne Swan.
April 21, 2016
- Media Release - Community to Shape Future of Eventide
- The Palaszczuk Government is delivering on its commitment to consult with the community about the future of Eventide.After a significant community campaign against the LNP’s program of closures and bulldozing, residential aged care at Eventide is here to stay.
April 12, 2016