- Article - Cutting corporate tax won't create jobs. It's yesterday's solution to our problems
- Australian jobs have never faced a greater threat than they do under Malcolm Turnbull’s government. Almost 40 years after trickle-down economics was introduced in the US and UK under Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher, Malcolm Turnbull has sought to import an even purer form of this foreign product into Australia.
June 01, 2016
- Article - Turnbull's government is all about 1980s agenda of American style trickledown economics including crushing the labour movement
- There is a stench of dishonesty about the Liberal-National government; its agenda, its motives and its foul propaganda are the same no matter who leads them because Australians all know Tony Abbott’s baton has just passed to the next runner, writes the former 2011 world’s best treasurer, Wayne Swan.
April 21, 2016
- Media Release - Community to Shape Future of Eventide
- The Palaszczuk Government is delivering on its commitment to consult with the community about the future of Eventide.After a significant community campaign against the LNP’s program of closures and bulldozing, residential aged care at Eventide is here to stay.
April 12, 2016
- Transcript - RN Breakfast with Fran Kelly
- FRAN KELLY: The unprecedented worldwide leak of those secret financial files has refocused attention in this country too on tax evasion. Eight hundred individuals and some of the country’s biggest companies have been linked with the Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca, which helps it clients set up offshore entities in countries like the British Virgin Isles. Former Treasurer Wayne Swan has been campaigning for a long time...
April 05, 2016
- Speech - 125th Anniversary of the 1891 Shearer's Strike Dedication Speech to Kev O'Leary
- Thank you very much Sister Rita, the O’Leary family, the Premier, all of the other Labor Party members here today and to the wider community. We have come here to mourn Kev’s passing. We come here for a much more important reason than that and that’s to celebrate his life and to understand why his life is such a lesson to all of us. For me, personally, he was such an inspiration in my political life.
April 04, 2016
- Statement - We Pay Tax, Why Shouldn't They?
- Tax evasion by multinational companies and high wealth individuals has reached epidemic levels. Over the last decade it has been increasingly facilitated through tax havens.
April 03, 2016