- Speech - Constituency Statement (Inequality)
- Time and time again, we have seen the Turnbull-Abbott government go after low- and middle-income earners in our community. We have seen them go after pensioners, the very men and women who have worked hard all of their lives to make our country great—all they expect is dignity and respect in their retirement.
March 03, 2016
- Speech - Matter of Public Importance (Housing Affordability)
- It is little wonder that Australians are doubly disillusioned with the Turnbull government. There are reds under the bed everywhere, according to the Turnbull government. And how have we got here? We all knew, up until three or four weeks ago, that they had a solution, a plan for our economy.
March 02, 2016
- Transcript - Doorstop Interview (Parliament House, Canberra)
- SUBJECT/S: Australians Doubly Disillusioned With Turnbull, Government Policy Dysfunction WAYNE SWAN: Well, that was a valiant attempt from the Government to pretend that they’ve actually got a policy process – which they don’t. We’ve got an unprecedented situation at the moment where the Treasurer and the Treasury have been sidelined from the Government’s policy process.
February 28, 2016
- Speech - Constituency Statement (Tax Evasion)
- In parliament two weeks ago I spoke about the stench of tax evasion through the use of tax havens and tax shields such as those used in Singapore. The use of these tax shields by so-called respectable Australian companies is demolishing Australia's corporate tax base.
February 22, 2016
- Speech - Adjournment (Multinational Tax Evasion)
- Last year the Australian Commissioner of Taxation published the tax details of 1,500 large corporate taxpayers which showed a staggering one-third of these companies paid no tax in 2014. This transparency measure was part of a wider package of ground-breaking legislation contained in the Labor budget of 2013 which was aimed at stopping corporate tax minimisation and evasion.
February 04, 2016
- Transcript - Sky News on the Hour
- SUBJECT/S: NDIS KIERAN GILBERT: Brooke thanks very much I’m joined by the former Treasurer Wayne Swan he’s live in Brisbane. Mr Swan thanks for your time I want to ask you about this story in The Australian today about the $5 billion funding for the NDIS dwindling. For the first question; straight out, did your government, did you as Treasurer provide sufficient funding to the NDIS when you announced it? WAYNE SWAN: Too right...
January 28, 2016