- Speech - Adjournment (Multinational Tax Evasion)
- Last year the Australian Commissioner of Taxation published the tax details of 1,500 large corporate taxpayers which showed a staggering one-third of these companies paid no tax in 2014. This transparency measure was part of a wider package of ground-breaking legislation contained in the Labor budget of 2013 which was aimed at stopping corporate tax minimisation and evasion.
February 04, 2016
- Transcript - Sky News on the Hour
- SUBJECT/S: NDIS KIERAN GILBERT: Brooke thanks very much I’m joined by the former Treasurer Wayne Swan he’s live in Brisbane. Mr Swan thanks for your time I want to ask you about this story in The Australian today about the $5 billion funding for the NDIS dwindling. For the first question; straight out, did your government, did you as Treasurer provide sufficient funding to the NDIS when you announced it? WAYNE SWAN: Too right...
January 28, 2016
- Article - The Tax Elephant in the Room
- It's been seven years since the subprime feeding frenzy collapsed Lehman Brothers. As global demand fell off a cliff the global economy entered the Great Recession from which demand is yet to recover.
January 21, 2016
- Article - Tax avoidance impoverishes us all. Fighting it requires challenging the powerful
- A few days before Christmas, in the full light of an Australian summer, the Australian tax commissioner published the tax details of 1,500 large corporate taxpayers which showed a staggering one-third of these companies paid no tax in 2014.
January 12, 2016
- Media Release - Corporate Tax Avoidance Impoverishes Us All
- The release of today’s corporate tax figures, a consequence of legislation passed by Labor in 2013, gives us a broad snapshot of the corporate taxation landscape in Australia.
December 18, 2015
- Article - An Economically Progressive Public investment Agenda in Both the US & Australia
- The persistent sluggishness in the global economy and rising inequality in both the United States and Australia requires us to reject the policies of austerity and instead adopt an agenda of inclusive prosperity -- where public investments designed to improve equality also lift growth.
November 19, 2015