- Article - The Tax Elephant in the Room
- It's been seven years since the subprime feeding frenzy collapsed Lehman Brothers. As global demand fell off a cliff the global economy entered the Great Recession from which demand is yet to recover.
January 21, 2016
- Article - Tax avoidance impoverishes us all. Fighting it requires challenging the powerful
- A few days before Christmas, in the full light of an Australian summer, the Australian tax commissioner published the tax details of 1,500 large corporate taxpayers which showed a staggering one-third of these companies paid no tax in 2014.
January 12, 2016
- Media Release - Corporate Tax Avoidance Impoverishes Us All
- The release of today’s corporate tax figures, a consequence of legislation passed by Labor in 2013, gives us a broad snapshot of the corporate taxation landscape in Australia.
December 18, 2015
- Article - An Economically Progressive Public investment Agenda in Both the US & Australia
- The persistent sluggishness in the global economy and rising inequality in both the United States and Australia requires us to reject the policies of austerity and instead adopt an agenda of inclusive prosperity -- where public investments designed to improve equality also lift growth.
November 19, 2015
- Speech - Adjournment Debate (Taxation)
- This Liberal-National government is the best friend multinational tax avoiders have ever had. The contrast here with Labor's record in government could not be starker. Labor has a proud record of addressing corporate tax avoidance
September 18, 2015