- Speech - Reflections on the Great Recession: Lessons and Challenges for the Future
- I’ve titled my address tonight “Reflections on the Great Recession: Lessons and Challenges for the Future” but on indulgence I’m going to take a quick trip down memory lane because UQ is where my political involvement began in earnest.
April 16, 2015
- Speech - Private Members Business (Multinational Profit Shifting)
- Mr Deputy Speaker, I would like to commend Dr Leigh on moving this motion but lament the fact that we need this motion in the first place.
March 25, 2015
- Speech - Private Members' Business (Deregulation)
- This motion is an embarrassment for the government. They have got an addiction to chanting slogans, telling tall stories and simply making it up as they go. What that really means out in the real world is that all they manage to do is to talk down our economy and, in particular, business confidence, which is having a real impact on business and our wider community.
March 25, 2015
- Speech - The Importance of Inclusive Prosperity
- Friends, Tonight I want to talk to you about the central economic challenge of our time: How do we stop the growing inequality of wealth and income distribution and restore equity and social mobility as a driving force for economic growth into the future?
March 13, 2015
- Speech - Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2014-2015
- This bill, Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2014-2015, deal with appropriations for the Mid-Year Fiscal and Economic Outlook, which is established under the Charter of Budget Honesty.
March 06, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (Lilley Australia Day Awards)
- Across our country there are millions of selfless people who quietly go about supporting their communities through volunteering in a wide range of activities. This year, we were fortunate to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Lilley Australia Day Awards.
March 05, 2015