- Speech - Constituency Statement (Centenary of Anzac)
- This year we commemorate the centenary of the Anzac landings and honour the service of those who fought in the Great War and subsequent wars. After that war and many others, our troops returned to face a very different kind of adversity.
June 02, 2015
- Speech - Motions (Centenary of Anzac)
- There is no greater privilege in public life than to honour the service of our Defence Force personnel. This hundredth anniversary of the landings at Gallipoli was a very special year in our public life.
May 28, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (Australian Fuel Security)
- The upcoming closure of BP's Bulwer Island refinery will have a devastating impact on my electorate, with the loss of over 350 jobs. It also means that Australia now imports 91 per cent of its petroleum from foreign tankers.
May 26, 2015
- Speech - What ANZAC Day Means to Us
- One hundred years ago – three thousand Australian troops from this suburb, from communities like ours all around Australia and New Zealand were jumping from landing boats to begin the assault on the Gallipoli peninsula.
April 25, 2015
- Speech - Reflections on the Great Recession: Lessons and Challenges for the Future
- I’ve titled my address tonight “Reflections on the Great Recession: Lessons and Challenges for the Future” but on indulgence I’m going to take a quick trip down memory lane because UQ is where my political involvement began in earnest.
April 16, 2015