- Speech - Unions, More Important Than Ever In Securing Inclusive Prosperity
- It’s always a privilege to address the Australian Workers Union, a union I first joined in the mid-70s. I’m proud of what our union and our movement has achieved for working people over the past 100 years.
March 03, 2015
- Bills - Higher Education and Research Reform Bill 2014
- This week students at universities right the country will be attending O-week, and they will be doing so at a time when our higher education system is under a vicious assault from the tea party conservatives who sit on the other side of the House.
February 25, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (The Great Barrier Reef and Climate Change)
- Mr. Deputy Speaker, What we have seen this week isn't a Government reboot, what we have seen this week is a Government rerun. It's like watching an old sitcom where you know all the lines but unfortunately the jokes are the Government's policies.
February 12, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (2015 Queensland Election)
- Mr. Deputy Speaker, First of all I would like to acknowledge the election of a new State Labor team in the northern suburbs of Brisbane who I'm sure will work hard across our northern suburbs to ensure that working families get a fair go - congratulations to Stirling Hinchliffe, Leanne Linard, Dr. Anthony Lynham and Y'vette D'ath
February 10, 2015
- Article - Lasting equality is within our reach. Australia can lead the way
- For the past 30 years the economic orthodoxy that wealth would “trickle down” to working people has prevailed. We’ve been told that austerity was necessary too, to build a future for subsequent generations and lift living standards.
January 16, 2015
- Speech - The Importance of Inclusive Prosperity: If We Don’t Grow Together, We Grow Apart
- Thanks for inviting me here today; it’s great to be back in Washington. A city I admire and draw huge inspiration from.
January 15, 2015