- The Demonisation Of Keynes And A Progressive Response To The Americanisation Of The Right
- I'm pleased to be with the Fabians again tonight. Over the years we have worked well together to ask the difficult questions that progressive politics must face up to, as well as to propose new progressive frameworks.
December 05, 2014
- Speech - Constituency Statement (ABC and SBS)
- It was the night before the election and Mr Abbott looked down the barrel of the SBS camera and told the Australian people there would be no cuts to education, no cuts to health, no changes to pensions and no changes to the ABC and the SBS.
November 28, 2014
- Speech - Adjournment (Higher Education)
- Australia has one of the most egalitarian and socially mobile societies in the world and we would not be where we are today, ranked second on the United Nations Human Development Index, if it were not for the hard work that has been put in over the years to build the institutions and the norms which allow the people of Australia to reach their full potential.
November 28, 2014
- ADF Deal A Huge Blow To Brisbane’s Defence Personnel
- The Abbott Government has forced Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel on Brisbane's Northside to accept a real pay cut, while also losing precious recreational and Christmas leave in the lead up to the holiday period. Federal Member for Lilley Wayne Swan said it was a disgrace that the Government could send our servicemen and women into harm's way and at the same time force them to take a pay cut.
November 27, 2014
- Article - Revitalising the G20: the challenge of 2014
- The G20 has come to a crossroads. The global economic recovery is not yet secure. Growth remains anemic across much of the developed world. Political leadership on structural reform remains underwhelming and front-loaded fiscal retrenchment is dragging on demand.
November 19, 2014