- Speech - The Importance of Inclusive Prosperity
- Friends, Tonight I want to talk to you about the central economic challenge of our time: How do we stop the growing inequality of wealth and income distribution and restore equity and social mobility as a driving force for economic growth into the future?
March 13, 2015
- Speech - Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2014-2015
- This bill, Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2014-2015, deal with appropriations for the Mid-Year Fiscal and Economic Outlook, which is established under the Charter of Budget Honesty.
March 06, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (Lilley Australia Day Awards)
- Across our country there are millions of selfless people who quietly go about supporting their communities through volunteering in a wide range of activities. This year, we were fortunate to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Lilley Australia Day Awards.
March 05, 2015
- Speech - Unions, More Important Than Ever In Securing Inclusive Prosperity
- It’s always a privilege to address the Australian Workers Union, a union I first joined in the mid-70s. I’m proud of what our union and our movement has achieved for working people over the past 100 years.
March 03, 2015
- Bills - Higher Education and Research Reform Bill 2014
- This week students at universities right the country will be attending O-week, and they will be doing so at a time when our higher education system is under a vicious assault from the tea party conservatives who sit on the other side of the House.
February 25, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (The Great Barrier Reef and Climate Change)
- Mr. Deputy Speaker, What we have seen this week isn't a Government reboot, what we have seen this week is a Government rerun. It's like watching an old sitcom where you know all the lines but unfortunately the jokes are the Government's policies.
February 12, 2015