- Speech - Constituency Statement (2015 Queensland Election)
- Mr. Deputy Speaker, First of all I would like to acknowledge the election of a new State Labor team in the northern suburbs of Brisbane who I'm sure will work hard across our northern suburbs to ensure that working families get a fair go - congratulations to Stirling Hinchliffe, Leanne Linard, Dr. Anthony Lynham and Y'vette D'ath
February 10, 2015
- Article - Lasting equality is within our reach. Australia can lead the way
- For the past 30 years the economic orthodoxy that wealth would “trickle down” to working people has prevailed. We’ve been told that austerity was necessary too, to build a future for subsequent generations and lift living standards.
January 16, 2015
- Speech - The Importance of Inclusive Prosperity: If We Don’t Grow Together, We Grow Apart
- Thanks for inviting me here today; it’s great to be back in Washington. A city I admire and draw huge inspiration from.
January 15, 2015
- The Demonisation Of Keynes And A Progressive Response To The Americanisation Of The Right
- I'm pleased to be with the Fabians again tonight. Over the years we have worked well together to ask the difficult questions that progressive politics must face up to, as well as to propose new progressive frameworks.
December 05, 2014
- Speech - Constituency Statement (ABC and SBS)
- It was the night before the election and Mr Abbott looked down the barrel of the SBS camera and told the Australian people there would be no cuts to education, no cuts to health, no changes to pensions and no changes to the ABC and the SBS.
November 28, 2014
- Speech - Adjournment (Higher Education)
- Australia has one of the most egalitarian and socially mobile societies in the world and we would not be where we are today, ranked second on the United Nations Human Development Index, if it were not for the hard work that has been put in over the years to build the institutions and the norms which allow the people of Australia to reach their full potential.
November 28, 2014