- Bills - Higher Education and Research Reform Bill 2014
- This week students at universities right the country will be attending O-week, and they will be doing so at a time when our higher education system is under a vicious assault from the tea party conservatives who sit on the other side of the House.
February 25, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (The Great Barrier Reef and Climate Change)
- Mr. Deputy Speaker, What we have seen this week isn't a Government reboot, what we have seen this week is a Government rerun. It's like watching an old sitcom where you know all the lines but unfortunately the jokes are the Government's policies.
February 12, 2015
- Speech - Constituency Statement (2015 Queensland Election)
- Mr. Deputy Speaker, First of all I would like to acknowledge the election of a new State Labor team in the northern suburbs of Brisbane who I'm sure will work hard across our northern suburbs to ensure that working families get a fair go - congratulations to Stirling Hinchliffe, Leanne Linard, Dr. Anthony Lynham and Y'vette D'ath
February 10, 2015
- Article - Lasting equality is within our reach. Australia can lead the way
- For the past 30 years the economic orthodoxy that wealth would “trickle down” to working people has prevailed. We’ve been told that austerity was necessary too, to build a future for subsequent generations and lift living standards.
January 16, 2015
- Speech - The Importance of Inclusive Prosperity: If We Don’t Grow Together, We Grow Apart
- Thanks for inviting me here today; it’s great to be back in Washington. A city I admire and draw huge inspiration from.
January 15, 2015
- The Demonisation Of Keynes And A Progressive Response To The Americanisation Of The Right
- I'm pleased to be with the Fabians again tonight. Over the years we have worked well together to ask the difficult questions that progressive politics must face up to, as well as to propose new progressive frameworks.
December 05, 2014