- Speech - Australia And The Asian Century
- The United States has long been Australia's primary source of foreign investment and remains so. This has been critical for the development of our mining sector, particularly here in Western Australia. And it will continue to be critical given our huge investment pipeline in resources, with WA right at its heart.
May 16, 2012
- Speech - Spreading The Boom Through Our Patchwork Economy
- Real time advice on market and general trading conditions, consumer behaviour and supply chain developments were absolutely crucial in guiding the action we took to keep the doors of business open. Whether it was a direct line to what was unfolding at the bank teller's window, the cashier's till or on the fitting room floor – it was essential. The result is a world-beating economy which walks tall in the world.
May 15, 2012
- Speech - The Fair Go Budget
- Every year after the Budget is delivered in May, I tour the country to talk with Australians about what we're doing with their money, and why. I'm particularly happy to be here with ACOSS today. For more than a decade I've admired ACOSS as an important contributor to the national debate.
May 14, 2012
- Speech - Productivity: The Untold Story Of Budget 2012
- Queensland not only epitomises the resilience of our country – it also sits on the cusp of some incredible opportunities unfolding in our region. It's one of the reasons why the Commonwealth has invested so heavily in infrastructure, skills and education – helping to unlock the great economic potential both here in Queensland and around the country.
May 11, 2012
- Speech - The Budget And The Fair Go In The Asian Century
- Today I'm grateful for this chance to go beyond the numbers and talk a bit about the context in which the Budget is shaped. I want to focus on the surplus, consolidation and the role of fiscal policy. And I have some reflections on the parts of the Budget I'm proudest of and that speak loudest of our values. Then, I want to finish on the transitions underway in our economy and the nature of the economic debate.
May 09, 2012
- Speech - Address To The Geebung RSL ANZAC Day Dawn Service
- ANZAC Day is a day where we honour our history. A day where we honour our fallen and those serving now. For me, if you'll indulge me for a moment, it's about honouring my father and my grandfather's service. I still remember vividly attending ANZAC Day ceremonies as a boy with my father in the fifties. And what mattered to us 50 years ago has only grown stronger.
April 25, 2012