- Speech - Turning Grey Into Gold
- While the whole population increases by about 1.2 per cent a year, seniors are increasing at a rate more than twice that, at 2.6 per cent a year. The rapid ageing of the population is a process unparalleled in human history. It's something governments around the world, as well as scientists, economists and social strategists, are paying serious attention to. It's something our government is also paying very serious attention to.
December 12, 2011
- Speech - Building On Our Strong Foundations In The Asian Century
- For the first in our history, we are in the right part of the world, at the right time. But maximising the opportunities of the Asian Century will require more than just being here. That's why in September the Prime Minister commissioned a White Paper to explore the opportunities for Australia in the Asian Century.
December 03, 2011
- Speech - A People-Powered Economy
- Good economic policy is the foundation upon which all the other good things we do as a movement are built. It's the key to raising living standards and sustained job growth. And the key to all this is productivity – because productivity gains are what allow us to grow the economy and reward the decent, hard-working people who make our country strong.
December 02, 2011
- Speech - Who We Are And Why We Fight
- This Prime Minister is tough as nails but she's more than that. She's a Labor leader in the very best traditions of Curtin and Chifley and Whitlam and Hawke and Keating. A Prime Minister motivated by the very best of Labor ideals and by the values she has just outlined for us here today. Someone who takes the hard reform road not the low road of our opponents.
December 02, 2011
- Speech - Partnering For Global Growth
- One of the great strengths of the Commonwealth is that it brings together a handful of developed economies and a significant number of the world's dynamic emerging economies. Clearly our bonds are a product of history, but the Commonwealth has a shared interest in meeting the challenges facing the global economy.
October 25, 2011
- Speech - No Excuses: The European Crisis Of Confidence
- Like the Australians on Wall Street that I addressed in those dark days in 2008 and 2009, you now represent our nation in the most adversely affected part of the world. A part of the world with such a proud tradition of economic innovation and trade, but which now has billions of eyes fixed on it, imploring it to get things right.
October 17, 2011