- Speech - Motion Of Condolence: Natural Disasters
- There are many stories of tragedy, heroism and community spirit which come from the floods of recent weeks and of course the cyclones in North Queensland and Far North Queensland. And we've heard from the Prime Minister today and the Leader of the Opposition many of those stories. We have seen the pictures, we have heard the voices on television, we have read about it in the newspapers and we have read about it online. And I am sure there are...
February 08, 2011
- Speech - The Impact Of The Floods On Our Patchwork Economy
- Like me, you would have been inspired by the sheer depth of the community spirit we've seen in Queensland in recent weeks. Given the scale of the floods, we're going to need every ounce of that community and corporate spirit, as we turn our attention to the economic costs and the economic recovery.
January 28, 2011
- Speech - Applying The Lessons Of The Crisis To The Challenges Of The Future
- You don't just represent an industry that is globally recognised as one of the fundamental strengths of our economy. With more than 135 members who invest over $1.3 trillion on behalf of more than 10 million Australians, you guys pretty much are the cornerstone of our national savings.
December 08, 2010
- Speech - The Purpose Of Our Politics
- Let's start by admitting here today our Labor Government dodged a bullet on August 21 and the Australian people have put us on notice. Those of us who devote our lives to this cause know how serious this is and how close we came to an historic, humiliating defeat.
November 24, 2010
- Speech - The Second Reading
- The Federal Financial Relations Amendment (National Health and Hospitals Network) Bill 2010 will implement the key financial elements of the National Health and Hospitals Network reforms. These reforms are among the most substantial improvements to Commonwealth-State relations in memory. They are all about getting better value for all Australians from the money we invest in health.
October 27, 2010
- Speech - Afghanistan
- It is in our national interest to be in Afghanistan. We are there, as part of a United Nations mandated international stabilisation effort. We are there to prevent Afghanistan from once again becoming a safe haven for terrorists to recruit, train and plot attacks against Australia and our friends and allies.
October 20, 2010