- Speech - Keeping The Reform Wheels Turning
- It's great to have the opportunity to address the CEO forum again this year. Of course, the last time we met was in very different circumstances. Many of the world's developed economies were mired in deep recession and their unemployment rates were rapidly rising.
June 16, 2010
- Speech - Australia And India In The Asian Century
- I know the close relationships you develop between the various business, government and industry associations have helped support Australia's strong relationship with India. It's a partnership with real and growing significance to us - bolstered by the large Indian community in Australia - and I want to thank you for the really important job you're doing.
June 11, 2010
- Speech - A Stronger Economy And A Fairer Share For All Australians
- The Government's plan for a stronger, simpler, fairer tax system was announced three weeks ago. Since that time, it has been the subject of robust debate around the country – particularly on the Resource Super Profits Tax. We welcome this debate about the future of our economy, and we hope it continues.
May 24, 2010
- Speech - Broadening Growth, Securing Our Future
- This Budget is about responsibility. It's about strengthening the Australian economy. It's about helping families. And it's about securing future growth.
May 19, 2010
- Speech - Strengthening The Economy And Securing Growth
- The resource sector is important to the fortunes of this state, and it was developments in this sector that were the back-drop to this year's Budget. The renewed boom in commodity prices refocused our attention on the challenges of managing a two-speed economy.
May 18, 2010
- Speech - Harnessing The Boom
- I think Australia's on the cusp of a remarkable period of prosperity and I'm proud of the Budget and what it will do to maximise that opportunity. But I want to have a conversation today about more than our stellar economic performance, or the main features of last week's Budget.
May 17, 2010