- Speech - Emerging From The Crisis: The G20 And The Asia-Pacific
- It's appropriate that right up front, I acknowledge the central role that Kevin Rudd played as Australia's Prime Minister in helping to make the G20 the premier global economic forum. I know how committed Kevin was to this. I know how hard he worked on this. It's given Australia a strong voice in the global economic debate and a seat at the table in shaping our economic future.
June 27, 2010
- Speech - Destination Australia
- Of course the debate that's going on at the moment – the debate that's being had across all levels of government, in the business community, and at kitchen tables around Australia – is about our economy's future as a whole. But nowhere is this debate more important than in the tourism and transport industries – which for too long have been up against it because we haven't had the settings right for broad and sustainable growth across our economy.
June 22, 2010
- Speech - Positioning Australia For The Future - Delivering The Next Wave Of Critical Economic Reform
- I am proud to stand here and say to you that the Australian economy is one of the strongest performing in the developed world. Australia's performance during the global crisis is a tribute to the resilience of our businesses, workers and local communities. The way in which everyone pulled together during the global crisis says a lot about our national character.
June 21, 2010
- Speech - An Enduring Partnership
- Our relationship has gone from strength to strength since 1972 when diplomatic relations were formally established by the Whitlam Government. Each discussion has brought with it new learnings – for both our governments – which let us deepen and broaden our friendship and respect.
June 21, 2010
- Speech - Men's Health In Our Local Community
- It was only six weeks ago that I last visited the hospital itself and as always I was incredibly impressed by what I saw. Not everyone knows that Prince Charles has one of the most extensive community service programs in the state, offers a huge number of specialist services, and has a respected research program.
June 18, 2010
- Speech - Keeping The Reform Wheels Turning
- It's great to have the opportunity to address the CEO forum again this year. Of course, the last time we met was in very different circumstances. Many of the world's developed economies were mired in deep recession and their unemployment rates were rapidly rising.
June 16, 2010