- Speech - Men's Health In Our Local Community
- It was only six weeks ago that I last visited the hospital itself and as always I was incredibly impressed by what I saw. Not everyone knows that Prince Charles has one of the most extensive community service programs in the state, offers a huge number of specialist services, and has a respected research program.
June 18, 2010
- Speech - Keeping The Reform Wheels Turning
- It's great to have the opportunity to address the CEO forum again this year. Of course, the last time we met was in very different circumstances. Many of the world's developed economies were mired in deep recession and their unemployment rates were rapidly rising.
June 16, 2010
- Speech - Australia And India In The Asian Century
- I know the close relationships you develop between the various business, government and industry associations have helped support Australia's strong relationship with India. It's a partnership with real and growing significance to us - bolstered by the large Indian community in Australia - and I want to thank you for the really important job you're doing.
June 11, 2010
- Speech - A Stronger Economy And A Fairer Share For All Australians
- The Government's plan for a stronger, simpler, fairer tax system was announced three weeks ago. Since that time, it has been the subject of robust debate around the country – particularly on the Resource Super Profits Tax. We welcome this debate about the future of our economy, and we hope it continues.
May 24, 2010
- Speech - Broadening Growth, Securing Our Future
- This Budget is about responsibility. It's about strengthening the Australian economy. It's about helping families. And it's about securing future growth.
May 19, 2010
- Speech - Strengthening The Economy And Securing Growth
- The resource sector is important to the fortunes of this state, and it was developments in this sector that were the back-drop to this year's Budget. The renewed boom in commodity prices refocused our attention on the challenges of managing a two-speed economy.
May 18, 2010