- Speech - Australia And India In The Asian Century
- I know the close relationships you develop between the various business, government and industry associations have helped support Australia's strong relationship with India. It's a partnership with real and growing significance to us - bolstered by the large Indian community in Australia - and I want to thank you for the really important job you're doing.
June 11, 2010
- Speech - A Stronger Economy And A Fairer Share For All Australians
- The Government's plan for a stronger, simpler, fairer tax system was announced three weeks ago. Since that time, it has been the subject of robust debate around the country – particularly on the Resource Super Profits Tax. We welcome this debate about the future of our economy, and we hope it continues.
May 24, 2010
- Speech - Broadening Growth, Securing Our Future
- This Budget is about responsibility. It's about strengthening the Australian economy. It's about helping families. And it's about securing future growth.
May 19, 2010
- Speech - Strengthening The Economy And Securing Growth
- The resource sector is important to the fortunes of this state, and it was developments in this sector that were the back-drop to this year's Budget. The renewed boom in commodity prices refocused our attention on the challenges of managing a two-speed economy.
May 18, 2010
- Speech - Harnessing The Boom
- I think Australia's on the cusp of a remarkable period of prosperity and I'm proud of the Budget and what it will do to maximise that opportunity. But I want to have a conversation today about more than our stellar economic performance, or the main features of last week's Budget.
May 17, 2010
- Speech - A Queensland Perspective On The 2010 Budget
- Every year I spend the week after Budget travelling around Australia giving speeches about elements of our plans. I've got about ten to do this year and the last two years I did about the same. What's different about this year is I ensured the roadshow started in Brisbane, rather than ending here at home. I'm off to Perth on Sunday then Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane again next week.
May 14, 2010