- Speech - Exit From The Government Guarantee Of Large Deposits And Wholesale Funding
- Through March and June 2008, I warned of the deteriorating global outlook, and advised that much of the impact on the real economy was yet to be felt. In September 2008, I said I was confident that through the hard work and unity of all Australians, we would come through these challenges in a position of strength, and ready to tackle our future.
February 08, 2010
- Speech - Australia To 2050: Future Challenges
- We've passed through a period of global economic turmoil and emerged in better shape than any other advanced economy. At the beginning of the global crisis, we hardly dared to hope that the outcome for Australia might be this much stronger than virtually any comparable country.
February 01, 2010
- Speech - Making Every Australian Count
- We all know that people with disabilities and mental illnesses and their carers are among the toughest, proudest and hardest working Australians you will ever meet. They can usually stand up for themselves, but sometimes like everyone else they need champions, and it's nice to know that one of the many champions they can count on at Endeavour Foundation is a person of David's rare talents and experience.
December 11, 2009
- Speech - Address To The Global Foundation
- I wanted to use this opportunity of one of my last speeches of this busy year, and to an engaged audience such as the Global Foundation, to talk to you - and beyond you to the global investment community - about foreign investment in Australia.
December 10, 2009
- Speech - Address To The AEIOU Foundation's Business Leaders Lunch
- Today, I'm asked to review the year for Queensland businesses just gone, and cast ahead to what 2010 offers. Those of you involved in business and community life know this past year certainly has been a rollercoaster ride.
December 04, 2009
- Speech - Skills And The Recovery
- It is a major privilege for me to be invited to give the 2009 Mick Young Oration. And I have to 'fess up with a declaration of personal interest – Mick Young was a friend of mine; a very close friend of mine, as his wife and children remain to this day. More than that, he was a much loved mentor to me – as he was to so many others.
November 18, 2009