- Speech - The Right Kind Of Growth
- It's always a pleasure to be back in Queensland. Unfortunately at this time of year I spend a lot of time in Canberra, with work on the budget requiring a lot of my time. But I did manage to sneak away to watch the Broncos' season opener here at Lang Park a couple of weeks ago.
March 30, 2010
- Speech - Equal Opportunity For Women In The Workplace Agency Employer Of Choice For Women Announcement
- It's great to see not just the large organisations - the large banks - but many other smaller organisations represented here today, because we won't make the progress if we're just relying on one or two large organisations to set the example. This has to become a part of our life, from top to bottom, from large to small, and at the core of this - from my perspective as Treasurer - is a fundamental economic fact: that as a country we do prosper...
March 08, 2010
- Speech - Exit From The Government Guarantee Of Large Deposits And Wholesale Funding
- Through March and June 2008, I warned of the deteriorating global outlook, and advised that much of the impact on the real economy was yet to be felt. In September 2008, I said I was confident that through the hard work and unity of all Australians, we would come through these challenges in a position of strength, and ready to tackle our future.
February 08, 2010
- Speech - Australia To 2050: Future Challenges
- We've passed through a period of global economic turmoil and emerged in better shape than any other advanced economy. At the beginning of the global crisis, we hardly dared to hope that the outcome for Australia might be this much stronger than virtually any comparable country.
February 01, 2010
- Speech - Making Every Australian Count
- We all know that people with disabilities and mental illnesses and their carers are among the toughest, proudest and hardest working Australians you will ever meet. They can usually stand up for themselves, but sometimes like everyone else they need champions, and it's nice to know that one of the many champions they can count on at Endeavour Foundation is a person of David's rare talents and experience.
December 11, 2009
- Speech - Address To The Global Foundation
- I wanted to use this opportunity of one of my last speeches of this busy year, and to an engaged audience such as the Global Foundation, to talk to you - and beyond you to the global investment community - about foreign investment in Australia.
December 10, 2009