- Speech - Trickledown Economics and Inequality in Australia (ACTU Congress)
- In the movie The Wild One, Marlon Brando’s character is famously asked: “What are you rebelling against?” Brando coolly responds – as only Brando can – “What’ve you got?”
July 18, 2018
- Doorstop - Desperate Malcolm Turnbull
- This afternoon at the Liberal National Party conference in Brisbane, we saw a very desperate Prime Minister. A Prime Minister who was hurling abuse at his political opponents as a camouflage for the massive cuts to health and education, particularly here in Queensland which are going to flow from decisions this Prime Minister has taken.
July 07, 2018
- Media Release - Statement on the Hon Jenny Macklin MP
- Today we pay tribute to our dear friend and colleague Jenny Macklin, who has announced she is standing down from the shadow ministry, and will not re-contest the seat of Jagajaga at the next federal election.
July 06, 2018
- Transcript - Pauline Hanson Voting with the Coalition [Parliament House Doorstop]
- Labor has never supported tax cuts for big business. They come with a huge cost – $80 billion dollars – and that money will inevitably be ripped out of health and education. But I see this morning Pauline Hanson has said that she's going to jump into bed with the coalition on the big company tax cuts.
June 27, 2018