- Speech - The Global Financial Crisis: 10 Years On (National Press Club)
- Ten years ago, Australia had a choice. We could go into recession or go into deficit. As one of only two advanced economies to avoid recession during the Global Financial Crisis – via the timely deployment of monetary and fiscal policy – we came through the GFC by choice, not by chance.
August 21, 2018
- Transcript - 2SER On the Money
- BEN ROBINSON: First, how different is your current income compared to ten years ago? A new report published by the Australian Council of Social Services and the University of New South Wales has shown that income inequality is a growing concern in Australia.
August 09, 2018
- Transcript - Politics with Michelle Grattan
- MICHELLE GRATTAN: Wayne Swan, it’s now history that Labor had a good Super Saturday. But I want to focus on one of these by-elections — that in Longman — where the ALP had a good swing and the Liberal National Party vote tanked.
August 01, 2018
- Transcript - ABC Radio Brisbane Breakfast (1)
- CRAIG ZONCA: We have put in calls to the LNP President Gary Spence – its twenty minutes past seven on ABC Radio Brisbane – but Wayne Swan has been happy to take the call. He is the current Federal Member for Lilley, of course, for the Labor Party and the incoming National President of the ALP. Wayne Swan, how do you describe the weekend’s results?
July 30, 2018