- Speech - Prostate Cancer: The Power Of Knowledge
- As you can understand, I've had a rather busy few months of late preparing a Budget and trying to find money in a tight financial environment for so many good causes. But no matter how busy things are or how tight our finances are, I always try and find a bit of time to talk about the cancer that takes the lives of so many of the people we love. Including prostate cancer.
May 27, 2009
- Speech - Resources And Recovery
- There has never been a better time for the discussion you will be having this week – a discussion of the role our resource industries will play in our country’s transition from recession to recovery – from victims of a global recession to beneficiaries of a global recovery.
May 26, 2009
- Speech - Nation Building In The West
- It was a challenging Budget to produce. Never before has a modern Australian government framed a Budget in the midst of a global recession this deep. Over the past six months we've witnessed an unprecedented collapse in global economic activity. And that's brought with it unprecedented falls in budget revenues.
May 21, 2009
- Speech - Queensland's Role In Nation Building For Recovery
- Last year I concluded the national 'Budget roadshow' in Brisbane. For ten days on the road, the prospect of coming home kept me motivated. But this year, I have come home for sustenance in the middle of the roadshow, before spending the rest of the week in Adelaide, Perth and Darwin.
May 19, 2009
- Speech - Nation Building For Recovery
- You well know that over the last six months the global economy abruptly fell into the worst slump since the Great Depression. You well know that this global slump is not over. You well know that after 17 years of prosperity Australia collided with this global downturn last year, and we are not yet through it
May 13, 2009
- Speech - Address To The Anzac Day Service
- Not far from this magnificent cathedral, across the Potomac River, lies sacred ground - Arlington National Cemetery. As the Americans here will know, it's one of two great national cemeteries administered by the U.S. Army - the other being at Gettysburg. any other American military cemeteries - some large, others small - are of course dotted across the globe. You'll find them at places like Pointe du Hoq in Normandy and Cambridge in England.
April 24, 2009