- Speech - Closer Economic Relations For The Future
- Having reached this symbolically significant 25 year milestone, I'd like to reflect a little on the important political, social, economic and – most importantly – sporting ties between our two nations.
July 18, 2008
- Speech - A New Generation Of Reform
- If we look back over the past 30 years, it's clear just how much has changed in Australia. Australia has gone through a transformation that we would never have envisaged in 1978, when we were an inward-looking economy in a period of conservative government. Now we are more modern, more competitive and more dynamic better-placed to harness the opportunities of a constantly changing world.
July 10, 2008
- Speech - The Future Versus The Past
- It's always great coming West – the pride and joy of the Australian export economy – but even more special to finally be able to address you as a member of the new federal Labor Government. It's been a long, long time delegates, but doesn't it feel terrific!
June 28, 2008
- Speech - A Modern Relationship With China
- Australia and China are good friends. On behalf of all Australians, I offer my deepest sympathy for the ongoing loss and suffering caused by the Sichuan earthquake. Australians have been deeply saddened by this event. The Australian Government stands side by side with you - and we were pleased to offer emergency assistance, including rescue and recovery equipment.
June 11, 2008
- Speech - A Remarkable Place At A Remarkable Time
- I think we are achieving some big things, which I will tell you about in a moment. But I have to say this – if I wasn't Treasurer in the Rudd Government, one of the best lives I can imagine would be as one of your number here today, participating as you do in the greatest economic transformation the world has seen in well over a century.
June 10, 2008