- Speech - Financial Services And The Modern Economy
- Tonight's not the night for a really detailed speech but I do want to spend a little bit of time talking briefly about the Government's approach to the big challenges and opportunities we are confronting, nationally and internationally.
August 07, 2008
- Speech - Address To The 9th National Prostate Cancer Symposium
- As a former speaker here, I know the Symposium has grown to be a ‘not to miss’ event featuring the world’s leading urologists and experts in the field of prostate cancer and research.
August 06, 2008
- Speech - Opening Address To The APEC Structural Reform Ministerial Meeting
- This is a meeting of economies dedicated to long term reform for the future. And a meeting of economies determined to bring our citizens along with us, as we go about modernising the economies of the Asia-Pacific.
August 04, 2008
- Speech - Modern Federalism Not Creeping Centralism
- There is perhaps no more appropriate place for me to speak about the Government’s ambitious reforms to federalism than here at the Institute. Not only are you some of the very, very few people who understand what ‘vertical fiscal balance’ and ‘horizontal fiscal equalisation’ are – you are part of an even more select group that actually relish an opportunity to talk about these things, over eggs and coffee. Which is not surprising, given how in...
July 30, 2008
- Speech - Address To The Luncheon In Honour Of The 90th Anniversary Of The Nambour RSL Sub-Branch And Dedication Of The Wall Of Remembrance
- Today here in Nambour we have honoured the service of people whose names we know. Every one of them, too, is one of us. They are our friends, our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers and grandparents. Literally, so. Many carry our surnames. Everyone here today will have known them - or known of them. Including me.
July 26, 2008
- Speech - Closer Economic Relations For The Future
- Having reached this symbolically significant 25 year milestone, I'd like to reflect a little on the important political, social, economic and – most importantly – sporting ties between our two nations.
July 18, 2008