- Speech - 2008-09 Budget
- As you know, about 16 or 17 hours have passed since we handed it down – the first of a new Government, and a new era. It's the inflation‑fighting, future‑investing Budget the nation needs. By now, you're familiar with the initiatives, with the decisions we took, the important forecasts, and the like. I don't want to repeat all that today.
May 14, 2008
- Speech - The Budget Speech
- This Budget is designed to meet the big challenges of the future. It is a Budget that strengthens Australia's economic foundations, and delivers for working families under pressure.
May 13, 2008
- Speech - Future Directions For The Australian Economy
- I've got to say, I think my favourite moment here was to watch all of those who were leading the sessions this morning. As I walked around the room, there was Professor Chaney, and of course we had Mr Moss, Reader Moss, we had senior lecturer of banks, Professor Hilmer, were all up there leading these various sessions, neat priorities lined up right across the board. Thank you for what you've done to distil down a coherent agenda that we can l...
April 20, 2008
- Speech - Modern Federalism And Our National Future
- Developments in global financial markets, combined with significant inflationary pressures in the domestic economy – discussed by the Prime Minister earlier today – have reinforced our determination to build long-term productivity and growth in our economy.
March 27, 2008
- Speech - Global Market Turbulence And The Australian Economy
- The world has witnessed substantial financial market turbulence since it began in August last year, making its presence felt across markets, across nations, and across continents. It is of course most evident in the United States, but it affects all of us to a greater or lesser degree, including the hard working families of Australia.
March 18, 2008
- Speech - New Politics And The Modern Economy
- The Australian people have given the Rudd Government the chance to prove to them that we meant what we said. Actions speak louder than words. And our actions in our first three months in office show we are serious about providing national leadership.
March 06, 2008