- Speech - Ministerial Statement On Financial Stability
- It was widely and rightly said then that, over the previous five years, the global economy had experienced a boom the likes of which had never been seen in human history. In the year since then, a great deal has changed.
June 02, 2008
- Speech - First Home Saver Accounts Bill 2008
- First Home Saver Accounts will help bring the dream of home ownership closer to a reality for many thousands of young Australians. Rising house prices have increased financial pressures on households and made it harder to save a deposit for a first home.
May 27, 2008
- Speech - Prostate Cancer Awareness
- Let me start by adding my personal appreciation to the great medical research being supported by the Foundation. I'm told it raises funds for something like 300 research staff from Queensland Health, the University of Queensland, the Queensland University of Technology and Griffith University. And this research has led to outstanding outcomes in the areas of cancer, immunology, cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, transplantation, metabolic...
May 23, 2008
- Speech - Budget 2008 - Key Performance Indicators
- Now, this week is what the more cynical journalists call the big Budget 'sell'. But I see it differently – as an opportunity to outline for you, some of the major wealth creators of the Australian economy, the Rudd Government's plans to begin genuinely investing in the more modern economy that we need for the future.
May 23, 2008
- Speech - 2008-09 Budget
- As you know, about 16 or 17 hours have passed since we handed it down – the first of a new Government, and a new era. It's the inflation‑fighting, future‑investing Budget the nation needs. By now, you're familiar with the initiatives, with the decisions we took, the important forecasts, and the like. I don't want to repeat all that today.
May 14, 2008