- Speech - New Politics And The Modern Economy
- The Australian people have given the Rudd Government the chance to prove to them that we meant what we said. Actions speak louder than words. And our actions in our first three months in office show we are serious about providing national leadership.
March 06, 2008
- Speech - A Modern Platform For Business
- There are a lot of people who run major businesses here this evening. You are accustomed to making decisions when the future is uncertain; when there are difficult trade-offs between competing objectives; when you need to assemble the most thoughtful analysis; and when the success of your business sometimes depends on you departing quite radically from the way things used to be done. This is also the context in which I am framing the Budget.
February 26, 2008
- Speech - Tax Laws Amendment (Personal Income Tax Reduction) Bill 2008
- These tax reforms are designed to reward the hard work of Australians whose efforts are so critical to keeping the economy strong. They are also a down payment on a more internationally competitive tax system that will enhance the economy's productive capacity and help attract and retain highly skilled workers.
February 14, 2008
- Speech - Address To The Mick Young Scholarship Trust Dinner
- Well, what a marvelous event to remember and continue the legacy of my old friend and my great early political mentor, Mick Young. I can think of few people in our great movement – indeed, few Australians – who could draw not only the PM but most of the Government to a dinner in their honour. In fact, with a quorum present, Kevin, I suggest a quick Cabinet meeting after the second bottle of wine when everyone's in an agreeable mood.
February 08, 2008
- Speech - Informing The Modern Economy
- I'm sure you'll agree they are two of the Canberra gallery's best journalists, of course bolstered now by the talented Ashleigh Gillon. Sky has had a remarkable impact on government and business, and changed the face of real-time journalism with its regularly breaking news. And since Sky began broadcasting here in the mid-1990s, the shape of the Australian economy has changed dramatically.
January 31, 2008
- Speech - A Modern Economy For Australia's Future
- Finishing a campaign is a funny thing; however trying the physical demands, you do get a burst of energy after it's over — at least when you win. Maybe that's what Australians expect of a new government — a new crew and a big jolt of energy, ready to get cracking on something big. The Prime Minister and his ministers have not wasted any time.
December 14, 2007