- Transcript - ABC Drive (BHP)
- STEVE AUSTIN: Queensland Labor MP, Wayne Swan, has taken aim at the global Australian mining conglomerate, BHP, over a confidential arrangement reached in the Queensland Supreme Court last week. The Member for Lilley said that BHP sought to suppress further evidence of tax evasion on royalties payable to the Queensland Government.
May 30, 2018
- Speech - Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2018-19
- At the heart of this budget is what I'd call the Turnbull trickle-down trifecta—that is, massive tax cuts for the wealthy, very large tax cuts for large corporates and, of course, wage suppression for everybody else.
May 29, 2018
- Speech - Adjournment Debate (BHP)
- Members will note that it isn’t my first time speaking in this House about BHP’s questionable tax practices. Far from it. But my mentions of BHP in the House are nothing compared with the resources and political muscle that it’s using to continue to eat away, like a tax termite, at the integrity of our company tax and royalties system.
May 23, 2018
- Speech - Budget 2018 and Beyond
- Last week’s Budget and the ongoing Banking Royal Commission are a potent reminder and an insight into the type of Government we’ve got. A Government which, by its actions and at every turn, has set about pounding the lives of working people, and which exists solely to serve the demands of an overpaid and overpowered corporate elite.
May 15, 2018
- Transcript - The Lucky Country Podcast
- RICHARD DENNISS: Hi. I'm Richard Denniss, Chief Economist at The Australia Institute. Welcome to episode three of The Lucky Country. This week, we'll be talking about all things Budget, and later on in the show I'll be talking to former Treasurer Wayne Swan about what it's really like to put a Budget together.
May 11, 2018