- Speech - Treasury Laws Amendment (Working Holiday Maker Employer Register) Bill 2017
- I rise to oppose this bill, which seeks to strip away protections from a uniquely vulnerable group of people in Australia, working holiday-makers.
May 09, 2018
- Transcript - CNBC Asia Squawk Box (2018 Budget)
- MATTHEW TAYLOR: It's Wayne Swan, the former Treasurer and Deputy Prime Minister of Australia with me here in the courtyard of Parliament House. Wayne, I appreciate you joining us as always. What did you make of the Budget in general?
May 09, 2018
- Transcript - ABC RN Drive
- PATRICIA KARVELAS: We don’t often hear about politicians, especially male ones, stepping out of the limelight to focus on family, but perhaps it won’t be so rare in the future. Former Treasurer and Deputy Prime Minister Wayne Swan earlier this year also announced his resignation from federal politics but for very different reasons. Wayne Swan joins us on RN Drive. Welcome.
May 02, 2018
- Transcript - Pod on the Hill
- STEPHEN DONNELLY: Earlier this year the former Labor Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer announced that he would not recontest his seat of Lilley at the next Federal Election and rightfully spend more time with his family and hitting the waves. He's had an illustrious career in politics, and before he leaves the nation's capital, he's got plenty to offer. And it's great to have him on the show today. Wayne Swan, welcome to Pod on the Hill.
April 26, 2018
- Transcript - Sky News (Banking Royal Commission)
- SAMANTHA MAIDEN: We’re going to go live now though to Brisbane, where the Former Treasurer Wayne Swan has kindly agreed to come in and talk to us about all of the shocking evidence that has been emerging from the Banking Royal Commission. Good morning Wayne.
April 20, 2018